blue cape

blue cape

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It Takes A Village to Make a Blog

So the Blue Coat Journal has been up and at it for about 8 months now. Time to take stock, don't you think? I want to hear what you think about the blog. Although I find writing for this blog very entertaining, that's not the reason it exists. It's all about you. It's your blog and it should serve the needs of PuppyLand.


So let me have it: what you like, what you don't like, what you want to see on the blog that you haven't yet seen. Please suggest topics that you want discussed, avenues to be explored.


You can make your suggestions two ways: either leave a comment in the comment section (please remember to identify yourself) or you can send me an email at the address listed on the right under "Contact Us". Thanks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotten really positive feedback from the IMPACT raisers. The blog fills in the details of the training concepts and helps us understand what is behind them (the Why behind the What).

I personally appreciate the focus on well-rounded, happy dogs, versus obedient machines. Future blogs on age-appropriate (and in-appropriate) activities, creative training ideas, and tips for behavior challenges would be welcome.

Teresa Pool
Texas IMPACT Coordinator

majorshouse said...

As a graduate, and a graduate that is involved in a small puppy raising group, I love seeing the hints and also the new dogs that are going into class and who raised them. I think that this is a great service and I like it just the way that it is.
Lin and Major

Anonymous said...

What do I want to see on the blog? I want to see Jamie, the in-for-training puppy I raised, in action! :)

Seriously, I like the blog pretty much as it is. I do enjoy hearing about the training process (with photos), since the part between puppy raising and graduation is something of a mystery. And I promise to send in my puppy raising questions one of these days, which should give you plenty of blog material!

Thanks for doing this, Karen (and other contributors). It really is great to have this avenue of communication. I know a lot of raisers appreciate having this blog, even if they don't leave comments.

Anonymous said...

Darlene-St Pete. I really find the blogs informative and appreciate the info on obedience. I miss the pictures of IFT dogs (as I now have one and there haven't been any pictures) and more up to date info on matches etc.

Anonymous said...

As a first time puppy raiser I find this blog to be very helpful and insightful. I particularly like seeing photos of the in-for-training puppies. I know their raisers must be thrilled to see them as well. I appreciate the fact that you cover a wide range of topics on the blog. I would like to see more age appropriate (and inappropriate)behaviors and training ideas as well. I have to say my favorite so far is the recent one regarding obedience and the fact that the pups don't have to be perfectly obedient 100% of the time. I look forward to reading the blog and often find myself skimming through older articles for assistance in training and for encouragement that I'm not the only one dealing with a particular situation. I think you are a doing a fantastic job with the blog and I'm so glad its available for those of us in the wonderful world of PuppyLand! Keep up the good work!

Meagan said...

Yeah!...I'd too would like to see my IFT puppy, Clarke! It's nice to see the dogs working with their trainers. In a way, I think it's sort of reassuring for the raisers! :-)

The training tips are very helpful. It's nice to know that other people go through the same trials as myself and that we have back-up.

All-in-all, I'm very happy with what I see. Just don't forget about IFT photo's :-)

Meagan and Eve

Darlene said...

I enjoy reading the blog and have picked up some useful training tips. What I miss is the pictures of the INF dogs and seeing them working. I currently have a dog INF and was looking forward to seeing her picture and there haven't been any posted. The matching and graduating dogs should be updated regularily.

Anonymous said...

I must say I have loved the blog! I enjoy having frequent updates about the school and about the new things they are trying. I think it is great how open you are to concerns and questions. I also appreciate the training tips and videos - it’s great to see new ways to improve or do things differently. I love the pictures of the IFT dogs, keep that up please!! The pup I am raising, JJ, is going back at walkathon and I can’t wait to see pictures of him in training. The more the better :)! Hearing when the dogs are matched is great too.

Thank you for all the time and energy you put into the blog, it is definitely appreciated!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blog!!!
Keep up the great work!
I too would love to see pictures of the IFT dogs. A bit more info on what goes on between going IFT and graduation would be appreciated. These pups become a huge part of our lives and the curiosity of not knowing how they are doing can be frustrating. I know it's alot to ask but since they don't have phone privileges or opposable thumbs to hold a pen, they can't communicate with us themselves.....
Any training tips that will get us all on the same page and make the trainers'(as well as the dogs') lives a bit easier would be helpful. We want to do the best we can for this wonderful mission.

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

I just turned in a dog to your school so please keep the IFT pictures coming!!
Her name is Frankie, yellow Lab.
Your blog is AWESOME,

Frankie's trainer