blue cape

blue cape

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home Again

Well, I'm back in the Sunshine State and the 2008 Great Northern Tour is history. On Sunday I attended the inaugural meeting of the Columbia, SC puppy raiser group. Co-ACs Suzette Williams and Karen Newsome have broken off from the Charlotte, NC group in hopes of growing the Columbia region. They are off to a good start with 3 dogs. Guide dog user Lin Hunnicut, his wife and his dog Major also attended the meeting and plan to help with presentations to recruit raisers.

Yesterday I had lunch in Ridgeland, SC with the most of Hilton Head group: Steve Clarke, his wife Winnie and puppy raiser Susan Souder with Parker. They are small, but going strong. Susan gave me a few of the "trading cards" that she has made about her dogs. They are very cool and I'll make sure to bring them to the AC workshop.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks to all of you for your hospitality. We really do have the best puppy raisers. Thanks for being part of the Southeastern Guide Dogs family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Thanks for being the ribbon that holds all the puppy raisers together. I think with this blog and your travels we will get to know one another better.
Glad you are home though.
Toni
Bradenton Area Puppy Raiser
And....host home for "Pearl" who has 9 cute collie puppies in the puppy nursery. brag brag

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I couldn't wait to check your blog daily for the next episode...why, this was better than the "Young and the Restless"! Truly, your lively accounts of other puppy raisers and their homes and experiences made the state lines seem to disappear...two thumbs...er...paws way up!

Judy Bordignon
SunCoast Puppy Raisers Group
St. Petersburg Area

majorshouse said...

IT was great seeing you again and I thinkt hat we have a really great chance of having a good group here in Columbia. I am happy to see that we have three pups that look like they will make great guide dogs as well. Thank you for helping us in our first official meeting.