Happy New Year, PuppyLand! I hope 2009 is off to a good start for everyone. The end of the year is usually a time for reflection, but I tend to skip the reflection and look forward to the future. However, I would be very remiss not to give you all a very big THANK YOU for all the work you did in 2008 helping us to achieve our mission. We certainly could not put out quality guide dogs without the tremendous effort put forth by our puppy raisers. We don't say it nearly enough, but we greatly appreciate your hard work and are very glad that you are part of the Southeastern family.
I can't think of a better way to kick off 2009 than to feature a puppy raiser. This article is from a local paper in the Tampa area and features Alice Boose, a long time raiser in the Sun City puppy raiser group. Enjoy.
2 comments:
Hi Alice,
You did a wonderful job with that interview. you have Puppy Camped some Pups from my Sarasota Group and always do a marvelous job. I'm so glad you are continuing to raise Puppies, it should make your own transition more comfortable.
You deserve lots of credit to continue with your goal. Keep up the good work and when that time comes to receive your Pup as a guide, you will be totally familiar with the Pup and the system. You are raising for the best organization there is. Thank you for all that you do.
I thought that this was a great article and it will be easier once the time comes to get a guide knowing the system and we all know that Southeastern is the best that there is. It is nice to represent the best guide dog school in the country and definitely in the South as I go to different places with Major my guide dog. When you believe in a product like SEGD produces, it is fun and easy to promote it.
Lin and Major
Post a Comment